Saturday, November 14, 2009

Busy Week.....not much stitching :(

Unfortunately this has been a very busy week and I have not had much time to do stitching. Right now my sewing room is completely empty and the wall paper is all off the walls. About 6 weeks ago, the furnace guy came to do our yearly service and forgot to tighten up the radiator in my DD's bedroom upstairs. By the time that we discovered it, the radiator had ran for 24+ hours and water was running down the wall in my sewing room and all over my hardwood floor.

Needless to say, the furnace guy came back and realized what he had done and immediately called the restoration people to come and start to work. Now it seems as if they are doing a good job, but lord are they slow. So yesterday, I decided that I had had enough. I called him three times and finally he answered the phone. I politely asked when he would be coming to finish my room. He replied that he had several jobs that he was working on. I politely informed him that we would be going to Disney for Thanksgiving and it needed to be done before then. He is coming back on Monday morning to continue his work. I think that I am going to have to stay on top of him to get this done. I really hate to seem like a pain in the butt, however, I WANT MY SEWING ROOM BACK!!!!

Today, I am going to take a class at my LNS. We are working on a small scissor fob that will be done on 40 count linen. I have never worked on this, so we will see how it goes. I don't really think that I need to take a class on this, but it is fun to stitch with others sometimes. I will post tomorrow night about this.

Tomorrow, I am taking my mom and DD to see the Radio City Rockettes. My DD is very excited about that. And I am too. I have never seen them before.

Well, if I am going to get everything done that needs to be before my class, I better get a move on it.

Until next time, Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

  1. I do hope that your sewing room will be fixed as fast as possible.
    The class certainly was a lot of fun, being together with other stitchers and chatting along always is.

    ReplyDelete